Azteca – “Miss Universe 2017” Sweepstake
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. YOU ARE NOTE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THE SWEEPESTAKE IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE CRITERIA. VOID IN ANY STATE AND JURISDICTION WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Azteca – “Miss Universe 2017” Sweepstake (the "Sweepstake") is Azteca International Corporation (the “Sponsor”), with its principal offices at 700 N Central Ave. Suite 300, Glendale CA 91203 ("Azteca").
Sponsor will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure Participants are notified of any material changes or updates to the Official Rules. However, from time to time Participants should check the Official Rules for any updates. If Participants do not accept any changes that have been made to the Official Rules, Participants should stop participating in the Sweepstake.
This Sweepstake is open to all legal residents of the continental United States, 21 years of age or older, void where prohibited. Participants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. Without limitation to the foregoing, persons included in any of the following categories are not eligible to compete or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after November 2, 2017 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such persons; (b) persons who have publicly appeared or engaged in any illicit, lewd, pornographic or other objectionable activity or medium; (c) persons who are engaged in the development of, production of, distribution of materials, or selection of participants and/or the Grand Prize winners for this Sweepstake; (d) persons who have previously won within the past six (6) months.
HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN
The Sweepstake begins at 7:00 p.m. Eastern time on November 2, 2017 (the “Starting Time”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 10, 2017 (the “Closing Time”) (collectively, the “Sweepstake Period”). Sponsor’s computer time governs time. To enter the Sweepstake, eligible Participants must tune in to Azteca America, Monday through Friday, between 7pm and 8pm, watch “Escape Perfecto” and take note of the clue of the day that will appear on the screen during program. Participants must then enter the Sweepstake by going online to www.aztecaamerica.com/missuniverso2017 clicking on the Miss Universe Sweepstake banner and following the online instructions to enter the Sweepstake. Incomplete entries will not be eligible. Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstake Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Drawing will occur on or about November 15, 2017.
By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Sweepstake rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, electronic entries will be deemed by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number referenced in the entry form. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable phone provider or other organization (such as business or educational institute) has assigned the phone number at the time of entry.
PRIZES and ODDS OF WINNING
One (1) winner will be selected to win a trip for two (2) persons to Las Vegas to attend the Miss Universe Sweepstake on November 26, 2017 taking place at Planet Hollywood. The prize includes airfare, hotel accommodations (including taxes and resort fees) for two (2) nights and three (3) days, transportation to/from the hotel to the Miss Universe Contest and $500 cash. All other expenses, including but not limited to taxes, incidentals, personal expenses and travel/medical insurance and carrier fees are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution is allowed, except by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event prize is not available for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. The Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Sweepstake rules are not followed or at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
NOTIFICATION AND QUALIFICATION OF WINNERS:
Eligible winner who entered via the online registration form will be contacted directly to the telephone number provided in the registration form and provided instructions to pick up their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of the telephone number of eligible winner. In the event that winner does not respond to the call after three (3) calls within an eight (8) hour period a disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be determined from the remaining Participants.
If the participant does respond, they must qualify to be considered a winner. Qualification will include: (i) proof of legal residency in the USA via government-issued identification; (ii) proof of age and consent; (iii) execution of any tax forms and/or Release of Liability forms (when and if applicable), and (iv) compliance with the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules or as determined by the Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE:
Following notification, and before being declared a winner, each selected participant will be sent via U.S. mail, email or facsimile and required to sign a participant agreement to participate and an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability form, confirming acceptance and compliance with the Sweepstake rules, acceptance of the prize as offered and a release acknowledging the non-responsibility of the Sponsor, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Companies”) in respect of injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune related to the conduct of the Sweepstake, awarding of the prizes and use and enjoyment of the awarded prizes and any travel related thereto, and consenting to the use of the participant’s name, address, image, photograph, voice, likeness, biography and statements in any medium without right of review or additional compensation or consideration unless prohibited by law. Said forms must be properly completed, signed and returned within five (5) days of receipt, or the prizes will be forfeited and the participant disqualified as a winner. If any participant agreement, release form or prize is returned as undeliverable, or a winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if a winner is unavailable, the prize will be forfeited and the participant will be disqualified as a winner, and an alternate winner will be determined from the remaining participants.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
By entering this Sweepstake, you acknowledge having read these rules and agree to be bound by them, and by the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstake, including the determination of winners, and you warrant that you are not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstake.
All the entries received become the property of the Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners and the winners will be required to complete a W-9 tax form.
If the identity of a participant is disputed, electronic and text entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number referenced in the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institute) has assigned the phone number at the time of entry.
4. Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and must be accepted by the winner as awarded. No substitution will be made on any prize except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who may substitute a prize or prize component of greater or comparable value.
5. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their names, addresses, voices, statements, biographies, photographs, images and other likenesses, without any further consideration, in any medium, including, without limitation, in still photos, film, video, television, radio and the internet, and in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or any of their related entities, insurers, promotions companies and service providers, unless prohibited by law.
6. The Sweepstake is subject to applicable federal, state, municipal and other applicable laws, rules or regulations.
7. The Companies are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind or for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, damaged, garbled, delayed, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, undeliverable, destroyed, late, incomplete or illegible entries, including: any hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete or garbled computer, telephone or satellite transmissions; incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information; typographical or system errors; any viruses transmitted to computers of participants via the internet; problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers or computer equipment; or technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any combination thereof; or for any technical or human errors associated with the Sweepstake. Entries that are generated by a script, macro, or other automated means and/or otherwise not in compliance with these rules will be disqualified. The Sponsor shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine if an entry is in compliance with these rules. The Companies are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offering or administration of this Sweepstake, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of any prize.
8. The Companies shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or telephone handset related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstake, or downloading any material for the Sweepstake which may limit a participant’s ability to participate. Companies may disqualify anyone from participating in the Sweepstake or winning a prize, if in their sole discretion they determine that person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstake by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Companies’ representatives. Companies reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstake at any time should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of the Companies corrupt or adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstake. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE www.aztecaamerica.com/ WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Companies shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstake, or tampering with any element of this Sweepstake, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion.
9. The terms of this Sweepstake, as set forth in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set forth herein.
10. For a list of prize winners, available after November 20, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Azteca America, 700 N Central Ave. Suite 300, Glendale CA 91203 Miss Universe 2017 Sweepstake.
11. In no event shall the Sponsor, its parents, partners, and affiliated companies, their respective agents, employees, directors, officers and legal advisors and any other companies or entities participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstake, be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstake or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof and any travel related thereto, including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.