Azteca – “Tiempo Extra Pregunta Futbolera Apertura 2016” Sweepstake
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, LAS VEGAS, NEVADA AND PHOENIX, ARIZONA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKE IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE CRITERIA. VOID IN ANY STATE AND JURISDICTION WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Azteca – “Tiempo Extra Pregunta Futbolera Apertura 2016” Sweepstake (the "Sweepstake") is KAZA Azteca America Inc. (the “Sponsor”), with its principal offices at 1139 Grand Central Ave, Glendale, CA 91201 ("Azteca").
Sponsor will use reasonable commercial efforts to ensure Participants are notified of any material changes or updates to the Official Rules. However, from time to time Participants should check the Official Rules for any updates. If Participants do not accept any changes that have been made to the Official Rules, Participants should stop participating in the Sweepstake.
This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, Las Vegas, NV and Phoenix, AZ living within the Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Phoenix Designated Market Area, 18 years of age or older, void where prohibited. Participants must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents. Without limitation to the foregoing, persons included in any of the following categories are not eligible to compete or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after October 1, 2015, were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household of such persons; (b) persons who have publicly appeared or engaged in any illicit, lewd, pornographic or other objectionable activity or medium; (c) persons who are engaged in the development of, production of, distribution of materials, or selection of Participants and/or the Grand Prize Winners for this Sweepstake; (d) persons who have previously won within the past six (6) months
HOW TO ENTER and HOW TO WIN
The Sweepstake begins at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time on July 15, 2016 (the “Starting Time”) and ends at 11:00 p.m. Pacific time on December 25, 2016 (the “Closing Time”) (collectively, the “Sweepstake Period”). Sponsor’s computer time governs time. To enter the Sweepstake, eligible Participants must tune it to Azteca America, watch the “Timpo Extra” program on the dates and times listed below (the “Program”) and take note of the question of the day “pregunta futbolera” that will be mentioned by talent on the show appear on the screen at various times throughout the Sweepstake Period. Participants must then call (310) 432-7668 and provide the correct question of the day, full name, age and phone number. Incomplete entries and entries that do not contain the question of the day will not be eligible. Only (1) one entry per phone number, per day, will be accepted during the Sweepstake Period. All valid entries will be selected and entered in a random drawing to select the winner of that day’s prize. Winners will be announced during each airing of the “Tiempo Extra” program during the Sweepstakes Period, on the above dates and times or determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion
- “Viernes Futbolero Tiempo Extra” on regular season games:
- July 15, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- July 22, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- July 29, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- August 5, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- August 12, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- August 19, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- August 26, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- If there is a show scheduled - September 2, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- September 9, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- September 16, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- September 20 or 21, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- September 23, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- September 30, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- If there is a show scheduled – October 7, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- October 14, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- October 21, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- October 28, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- November 4, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- If there is a show scheduled – November 11, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- November 18, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time or immediately after the soccer game
- “Tiempo Extra” on quarter final games:
- November 23, 2016 or November 24, 2016 – Time TBD as stated by Liga MX
- November 26, 2016 or November 27, 2016 – Time TBD as stated by Liga MX
- “Tiempo Extra” on semifinal games:
- November 30, 2016 or December 1, 2016 – Time TBD as stated by Liga MX
- December 3, 2016 or December 4, 2016 - Time TBD as stated by Liga MX
- “Tiempo Extra” on final games:
- December 8, 2016 or if America (Liga MX team) reaches finals December 22, 2016 - Time TBD as stated by Liga MX
- December 11, 2016 or if America (Liga MX team) reaches finals December 25, 2016 - Time TBD as stated by Liga MX
By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Sweepstake rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number referenced in the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institute) has assigned the phone number at the time of entry. The eligible winner will be contacted directly to the telephone number linked to his or her entry on or about five (5) days after the Program dates and times listed above or as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
PRIZES and ODDS OF WINNING
One (1) winner per Tiempo Extra show will be selected to win a cash prize of Five Hundred U.S. Dollars ($500) on shows during regular season (Jornada(s)/game of week(s) 1, 2, 5, 10, 13, 14, quarter finals), and merchandize during regular season (Jornada(s)/game of week(s) 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17) (Approximate Retail Value: One Hundred U.S. Dollars (US $100). One (1) winner per Tiempo Extra show will be selected to win a cash prize of One Thousand US Dollars ($1,000) on shows during semifinals and finals from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstake Period (the “Grand Prize Winners”). All other expenses, including but not limited to taxes, and carrier fees are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution is allowed, except by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event prize is not available for any reason, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request. The Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Sweepstake rules are not followed or at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
NOTIFICATION AND QUALIFICATION OF WINNER
Eligible winner that entered the Sweepstake by calling (310) 432-7668 will be contacted directly to the telephone number referenced on their entry message and provided instructions how to pick up the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of telephone number of eligible winners. In the event that a winner does not respond to the call after three (3) calls within an eight (8) hour period a disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be determined from the remaining Participants.
If the Participant does respond, they must qualify to be considered a winner. Qualification will include: (i) proof of legal residency in the USA via government-issued identification; (ii) proof of age and consent; (iii) execution of any tax forms (when and if applicable), and (iv) compliance with the eligibility requirements set forth in these rules or as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE
Following notification, and before being declared a winner, each selected Participant will be sent via U.S. mail, email or facsimile and required to sign a participant agreement to participate and an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability form, confirming acceptance and compliance with the Sweepstake rules, acceptance of the prize as offered and a release acknowledging the non-responsibility of the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Companies”) in respect of injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune related to the conduct of the Sweepstake, awarding of the prizes and use and enjoyment of the awarded prizes and any travel related thereto, and consenting to the use of the Participant’s name, address, image, photograph, voice, likeness, biography and statements in any medium without right of review or additional compensation or consideration unless prohibited by law. Said forms must be properly completed, signed and returned within five (5) days of receipt, or the prizes will be forfeited and the Participant disqualified as a winner. If any participant agreement, release form or prize is returned as undeliverable, or a winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if a winner is unavailable, the prize will be forfeited and the Participant will be disqualified as a winner, and an alternate winner will be determined from the remaining Participants.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- By entering this Sweepstake, you acknowledge having read these rules and agree to be bound by them, and by the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstake, including the determination of winner, and you warrant that you are not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstake.
- All the entries received become the property of the Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner will be required to complete a W-9 tax form.
- If the identity of a Participant is disputed, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the phone number referenced in the entry. The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institute) has assigned the phone number at the time of entry.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and must be accepted by the winner as awarded. No substitution will be made on any prize except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who may substitute a prize or prize component of greater or comparable value.
- By accepting a prize, winner consent to the use of its name, address, voice, statements, biographies, photographs, images and other likenesses, without any further consideration, in any medium, including, without limitation, in still photos, film, video, television, radio and the internet, and in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or any of its related entities, insurers, promotions companies and service providers, unless prohibited by law.
- The Sweepstake is subject to applicable federal, state, municipal and other applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- The Companies are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind or for lost, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, damaged, garbled, delayed, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, undeliverable, destroyed, late, incomplete or illegible entries, including: any hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete or garbled computer, telephone or satellite transmissions; incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information; typographical or system errors; any viruses transmitted to computers of Participants via the internet; problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers or computer equipment; or technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any combination thereof; or for any technical or human errors associated with the Sweepstake. Entries that are generated by a script, macro, or other automated means and/or otherwise not in compliance with these rules will be disqualified. The Sponsor shall have the sole and absolute discretion to determine if an entry is in compliance with these rules. The Companies are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offering or administration of this Sweepstake, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the rules, the selection and announcement of winner, or the distribution of any prize.
- The Companies shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to Participant's or any other person's computer or telephone handset related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstake, or downloading any material for the Sweepstake which may limit a Participant’s ability to participate. Companies may disqualify anyone from participating in the Sweepstake or winning a prize, if in their sole discretion they determine that person is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstake by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Participants or Companies’ representatives. Companies reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstake at any time should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond the control of the Companies corrupt or adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstake. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE www.aztecaamerica.com/ WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Companies shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any applicable laws relating to the Sweepstake, or tampering with any element of this Sweepstake, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion.
- The terms of this Sweepstake, as set forth in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set forth herein.
- For a list of prize winners, available after July 15, 2016, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Azteca America, 1139 Grand Central Ave., Glendale CA 91201 –Tiempo Extra Watch to Win Sweepstake Winner List.
- In no event shall the Sponsor, its parents, partners, and affiliated companies, their respective agents, employees, directors, officers and legal advisors and any other companies or entities participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstake, be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstake or acceptance of or use or inability to use a prize or parts thereof and any travel related thereto, including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.